Where do you most frequently sleep at Lake Powell?

Where do you most frequently sleep at Lake Powell?

• Local Hotel/Motel

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Aramark Hotel or Family Units

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Campground or RV Park

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Shoreline camping with vehicle access

Votes: 17 9.0%
  • Shoreline camping with boat-only access

Votes: 82 43.4%
  • Houseboat Rental

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Houseboat Full/Partial Ownership

Votes: 73 38.6%
  • Home (Personal/Rental/etc)

Votes: 10 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BartsPlace

Staff member
Hi all -

We all enjoy Lake Powell a bit differently. Some have a set routine and others switch it up each trip. Given some recent discussion, I'm wondering what your "Go To" plan is for lodging. Where do you typically stay most frequently? You can pick more than one, but you won't be able to rank them. So, choose wisely. If you have use an option that isn't listed, feel free to explain in the comments below. We'll let this run for a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Like smoke, above, where I sleep depends on the circumstances. If shore camping with boat-only access, and after a long day driving, I spend the first night at a Page motel. Other times, with my runabout in a rented slip, I stay with my wife at Aramark's Lake Powell Resort. Of course, when houseboating we stayed overnight on the houseboat at Laketime on Haul Road.

Like smoke, above, where I sleep depends on the circumstances. If shore camping with boat-only access, and after a long day driving, I spend the first night at a Page motel. Other times, with my runabout in a rented slip, I stay with my wife at Aramark's Lake Powell Resort. Of course, when houseboating we stayed overnight on the houseboat at Laketime on Haul Road.

Feel free to click more than one if they're somewhat equal. :)

Since my parents moved to Kanab in 2017, I've mostly just used their guest bedroom and do the 70 mile drive every day we want to hit the lake. During the pandemic we stayed at the Baymont in Page because it was relatively cheap and easy to book just a month out. That was nice, since we could get out on the lake earlier, but historically it hasn't been possible to get a reservation for any of the local motels on such short notice, so I default to staying with the parents.

I’m pleased that shoreline boat access is so well represented. Tents on the beach are so much less common than they used to be, but are experiencing a resurgence I hope! For years we would be the only non-houseboat in Oak Bay. I’m unsurprised that the die hards have found there way here to this forum.

I did not know shoreline = tents. There is no option for people with cruisers. Boat access only but not sleeping on the beach. I don't even need a beach.

I find it hard to believe 44% of the people on this site sleep in tents......

I did not know shoreline = tents. There is no option for people with cruisers. Boat access only but not sleeping on the beach. I don't even need a beach.

My wife and I do and we love it. However, when we get older I'm sure we'll end up with a cabin cruiser and sleep on the boat.
1000001495.jpg

Oh Phillbo, sigh, where in the survey is the word “tent?” Shoreline camping is on an anchor and/or in a tent. But there are a lot of tent campers, most of our Wordling anglers.

Back