Video of our trip!

Hell, I don’t even know how to do that 😂 also I haven’t updated it which everyone seems to love or hate so I’m sure I’m missing some features.
I haven't updated mine yet either, just picked it up on syber Monday last winter and still tweaking my transducer to get a bottom reading at speed. Was finally able to get a good reading upto 40mph on my last trip out. I like that you can mark any spot with the cursor by simply arrowing over to it and tapping the mark button. I been marking trees and rockpiles that I probably would have never seen before.

I haven't updated mine yet either, just picked it up on syber Monday last winter and still tweaking my transducer to get a bottom reading at speed. Was finally able to get a good reading upto 40mph on my last trip out. I like that you can mark any spot with the cursor by simply arrowing over to it and tapping the mark button. I been marking trees and rockpiles that I probably would have never seen before.
I still haven’t been able to find the bottom at plane! I’ve tried many different spots and nothing.

I still haven’t been able to find the bottom at plane! I’ve tried many different spots and nothing.
Those msi transducers are really touchy, there's some utube videos showing how to adjust (level) them so they read the depth while on plane. I found this one which has helped me the most so far.
After watching the video again it appears you're getting a good bottom reading while idling or trolling so your ducer is probably level already, might be getting air bubbles while on plane causing you to lose the bottom on plane. Might need to look into a thru hull 2d transducer for depth at speed. If your dealer installed the unit you might want to ask them about it. I don't think an update will be the fix but that's the first thing alot people seem to suggest with any and every issue.

Last edited:
I try to film as much as I can but man, if there were excuses before, there certainly is now. Before I could make an excuse to not film merely trying to find fish, catch fish, and being focused on that. Now the challenges seem 10 fold to get everybody situated to catch fish and make sure the baby is comfortable. I’m hoping it’s a bit easier next year, but maybe that’s a pipe dream!

It is a lot, hence our video break… BUT it’s worth it. I miss it, excited to get it going again.

Those msi transducers are really touchy, there's some utube videos showing how to adjust (level) them so they read the depth while on plane. I found this one which has helped me the most so far.
After watching the video again it appears you're getting a good bottom reading while idling or trolling so your ducer is probably level already, might be getting air bubbles while on plane causing you to lose the bottom on plane. Might need to look into a thru hull 2d transducer for depth at speed. If your dealer installed the unit you might want to ask them about it. I don't think an update will be the fix but that's the first thing alot people seem to suggest with any and every issue.
I think it’s an air bubble thing. There wasn’t anywhere on my boat to mount it that was directly behind a flat area on the boat. Everything is at an angle. So I’ve tried to have the angle distracting the transducer in the middle. I’ve tried lower. I’ve tried real low. I’ve tried higher which didn’t feel right. Nothing. I bought one of those pads that stick onto the transom so I wasn’t drilling a bunch of holes in the boat. Thanks god. But finally have given up.

I also HAD a through hull transducer glassed into the bottom of the boat already. Guess which wire I cut to fish all the new stuff through the gunnels….I really wish I wouldn’t have done that…

It is a lot, hence our video break… BUT it’s worth it. I miss it, excited to get it going again.
I think multiple (like 4) GoPros could be your friend. I expect it’s going to be mine but utilizing external audio a lot more. I couldn’t really stand how that wind whistled between the GoPro and where I had it mounted.

It would be lots of editing work but at least you’d get everything!

Back